Meegan (ealasaid76) wrote in tax_prep,

  • Mood:

I didn't get a Federal Refund. Why?

I had to PAY more.  What happened?  I went through it a few times.  Any chance H&R Block online was wrong??
  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

Hard to say without knowing anything about your situation year over year.
I found out by H&R Block that for some reason I didn't use the Standard Deduction. SO, I have to go to one of their offices and file an amended return. Ugh. Why I did that? I have no clue.

You probably clicked the wrong box in there somewhere. Maybe something like "Your Itemized Deductions are less than your Standard Deduction. Click here to use the Itemized Deductions anyway."
My guess is that you got a 1099-MISC or unemployment without having taxes taken out.
Nope. I'm a full time employee.